There is a very important survey for parents with children diagnosed with autism.
Fathers are underrepresented in research about children with special needs which is why it’s so important for us to participate.
If the following apply to you, please be sure to take the short, anonymous survey:
- Must be over 18 years old
- The biological, adoptive, or step parent of a male or female adolescent between the ages of 13.0 years and 17 years 11 months who has previously been diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder
- Your adolescent with the autism spectrum disorder must be living at home with no other children with a neurodevelopmental disorder or a developmental or intellectual disability. (Other neurotypical siblings living in the home are fine.)
- If you and your partner are a blended family, you must have been living together no less than 5 years and have at least 50% custody of your adolescent with the autism spectrum disorder.
- You must be able to read and understand English to participate in the study.
The purpose of this study is to investigate whether adult attachment relationships between partners influence the relationship between caregiver strain and health related quality of life in parental caregivers of adolescents with autism spectrum disorders.